Economic Diversification Fund
The Economic Diversification Fund was established through the Citizenship by Investment Programme as one component of a national capital mobilization portfolio, with the goal of national development for Dominica.
Generated funds are utilised for public and private sector projects where a need is identified. Public sector projects identified for financing under the Programme include, but are not limited to, (1) the building of schools, (2) hospital renovations, (3) the building of a national sports stadium, and (4) the promotion of the offshore sector. With respect to private sector projects, the Government’s focus is on tourism, information technology, and agriculture.
To qualify for citizenship under this investment option, the following contribution amounts are required, depending on the number of dependants included in the application:
- Single applicant: a non-refundable contribution of USD 100,000
- Main applicant and spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000
- Main applicant with up to three qualifying dependants: a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000
- An additional qualifying dependant after the third dependant, other than a spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 25,000 per dependant
In addition to the contribution made into the Economic Diversification Fund, certain fees are also payable including, but not limited to, due diligence fees. For a full breakdown of applicable fees, please click here.
Government Processing Fees
In addition to the capital investment required for the selected investment option, additional fees are payable by each family member. These comprise of the following:
Per application – USD 1,000
DUE DILIGENCE FEES (for both the real estate and the Economic Diversification Fund options)
Main Applicant – USD 7,500*
Spouse – USD 4,000
Dependant aged 16 years or above – USD 4,000
*In some cases, an enhanced due diligence may be required, depending on the citizenship the applicant holds and other personal circumstances.
OTHER FEES (for both the Real Estate and the Economic Diversification Fund options)
Certificate of Naturalisation Fee – USD 250 per person
Expedited Passport Issuance Fee – USD 1,200 per person
GOVERNMENT FEES (FOR THE REAL ESTATE OPTION ONLY)
The minimum required investment for the real estate option is USD 200,000.
In addition, the following Government Fees are applicable for the main applicant and any accompanying dependants:
- USD 25,000 for a single applicant;
- USD 35,000 for a main applicant applying with his or her spouse;
- USD 35,000 for a family of up to four persons, including the main applicant and up to three dependants;
- USD 50,000 for a family of up to six persons, including the main applicant and up to five dependants; or
- USD 70,000 for a family of seven persons or more, including the main applicant and six or more dependants